Shared on-call evening transportation service dedicated for University of Alabama students, faculty and staff!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is 348-RIDE?
348-RIDE is The University of Alabama's On-call ridesharing program which provides students, faculty, and staff safe, efficient and reliable transportation during the nighttime hours and on weekends when Crimson Ride is not operating.
How do I use 348-RIDE?
It's as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Set your start location, end location, and total number of riders for the request
2. Get matched to a friendly 348-RIDE driver and track them coming your way in real-time on a map and get an estimated time of arrival. You will also get text confirmations or a phone call (user choice in app settings, default is text) when a driver is assigned to you and when the driver arrives at your pickup location.
3. Rate your ridership experience and provide any additional feedback.
What are the different ways of requesting 348-RIDE?
1. By calling dispatch at 205.348.7433
2. Through our web request interface at ua.ridecell.com
3.. With the free iPhone or Android 348-RIDE Apps
How will I know when my driver arrives if I don’t have a smartphone?
You can set up text or phone call notifications in your user profile online. Once these preferences are set, you do not need a smartphone to receive basic calls or text messages. You will be notified so long as the number we have on file is correct.
Hours of Operation:
• Monday – Friday 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM / Sat and Sun - 24 hour service
• Monday - Friday 9:00 PM – 7:00 AM / Sat and Sun - 24 hour service
• Monday – Friday 9:00 PM - 7:00 AM / Sat and Sun - 24 hour service
Where does 348-RIDE provide service?
Our service area includes campus and neighborhoods between Queen City Avenue to the west, 15th Street to the south, Helen Keller Boulevard to the east, and Jack Warner Parkway to the north.
How long will it take for the driver to pick me up?
It depends on how busy the system is at any given time. The web and app interface will show you an estimated time of arrival, based on your driver’s real-time GPS and current trip load and traffic conditions.
What if I need to cancel my ride request?
You can instantly cancel online or within the smartphone app, or by calling 348-RIDE dispatch at 205.348.7433.
How do I know if my trip has been assigned to a driver?
You will be notified once you’ve been assigned to a driver. You can also check out the web or app interface, which will show you real-time updates about your request status.
What is the quickest way to insure my ride request to get picked up?
Making a request through the smartphone app, online, or via the dispatch phone system will add you to the queue of requests and you’ll be assigned a driver as they are available.
How do I give 348-RIDE my feedback?
Be sure to share with us what you love or what improvements you’d like to see in the technology by submitting feedback directly through the Feedback section in your profile.
How many people can I make a request for?
You can make a request for a total of 6 passengers (You + 5 others).
If you have a larger group, please contact Dispatch at 348-7433.